Based: Cape Town
Daniel Silke is one of South Africa’s leading Independent Political Analysts and most passionate Keynote Speakers covering South African, African and Global political and economic issues.
As a renowned Futurist and commentator, his insightful, entertaining and predictive presentations on topical issues are in great demand. Silke holds a Master’s Degree in South African and International Politics and has served, in a senior capacity, both as a Member of the Provincial Parliament and as a City Councillor in Cape Town He lectures and consults to major corporates, academic institutions and think-tanks both locally and overseas.
He is currently the Director of Political Futures Consulting and also regularly appears in print, on the Internet and on radio & television both in South Africa and abroad. He has recently published an acclaimed new book “Tracking the Future: Top Trends that will shape South Africa and the World”.
Current 2019 topics include:
- The State of the Nation: South Africa in 2019 & Beyond – Flagship latest economic & political trends affecting SA now and into the near future. May also include an overview of global macro-economic & political conditions to place SA in the international context. Can be customised with pointers for specific industries eg. Hospitality / retail / etc.
- South Africa’s Critical Year: Will the Economy & Elections signal Recovery or Regression? Prospects for the 2019 general election, the economy & the political performance of President Ramaphosa and the ANC.
- The State of Africa: Star-Nations or Stagnation? A detailed macro-economic & political overview of Africa with customisable focus on regional/country performance as well as industry pointers for a wide variety of sectors including hospitality/aviation/services/banking.
- Africa Watch 2019: Risks, Challenges & Opportunities – A comprehensive macro-economic, political and social trends overview of the state of Africa.
- The 10 Most Important Issues in the World Right Now! Exciting new flagship global trends keynote covering the most important political, economic, social and technological change & disruption occurring across the world right now – and into the near future as well.
- The State of the World 2019: Risks, Challenges & Opportunities – Broad economic, political & social analysis of the world in 2019 & beyond. May be customised for countries or regions globally.
- The Elephants in the Room: The Geo-politics of the USA, China & Emerging Markets in a Changing World – Dynamic global keynote on the US/China relationship and economic performance indicators for broader emerging markets in a volatile political & economic environment.